Aroma Marketing: know how this trend can connect your guests with your accommodation business
Marketing for hotels goes beyond implementing the classic variants: price, product, place, and promotion. You need other ways to provide your guests with a differential value experience that connects them with your concept and increases sales.
Within the new era of sensory marketing is the Aroma Marketing: it is about using different flavors that stimulate the senses and be able to generate different atmospheres.
This marketing trend is strengthened by the great capacity it has to produce changes in human behavior. Chain stores as Starbucks or Dunkin’ Donuts have recognized the importance of the smell of fresh coffee to attract customers.
In recent years the number of establishments that work with the flavor has increased so that this does not derive from its products. Luxury hotels as Sheraton, Sofitel, Westin, Intercontinental or Mandarin Oriental have been using this marketing trend to go one step beyond the competition. They quickly understood the importance of having a unique smell, which differentiates them from other lodgings.
It has been showing that flavors change the mood. Therefore, we have to collect the easiest fragrances to get anywhere in the world and help you to provide a better experience to your guests.
1. Cinnamon. The cinnamon tree is from Sri Lanka and its scent is a powerful mental stimulant.
2. Lavender. It is a plant native from the Mediterranean basin and North Africa. Its scent has a calming and sedative effect. Recommended to reduce nervousness and depression.
3. Pine. There are about 110 species of pine in the world. Its scent is famous for giving a sense of well-being and also be an energizer.
4. Lemon. This edible fruit with an acidic and extremely fragrant flavor, transmits cleanliness, freshness and also reduces stress.
5. Orange. A fruit brought from the sweet orange tree. Its fragrance are considered an excellent antidepressant.
6. Peppermint. The mint is from a genus of perennial herbaceous plants. Its flavor improves brain activity and facilitates the concentration.
7. Vanilla. It is a type of orchid and its essence reduces stress.